BP Process Safety Series
Produced jointly by BP and IChemE, the BP Process Safety Series is a collection of books, animations and slide rules which guide the user in the application of safe operating practices and procedures within a range of industries.
Books and eBooks
This series demonstrates both organisations’ ongoing commitment to process safety and best practice through the dissemination of lessons learnt from recurring accidents. Our collection includes:
- Hazards of Water, Eighth edition, 2004
- Hazards of Air and Oxygen, Eighth edition, 2004
- Hazards of Steam, Fourth edition, 2004
- Safe Furnace and Boiler Firing, Fifth edition, 2012
- Hazards of Trapped Pressure and Vacuum, Third edition, 2009
- Confined Space Entry, First edition, 2005
- Hazardous Substances in Refineries, First edition, 2005
- Hazards of Electricity and Static Electricity, Sixth edition, 2006
- Hazards of Nitrogen and Catalyst Handling, Sixth edition, 2009
- Control of Work, Second edition, 2007*
- LNG Fire Protection & Emergency Response, Second edition, 2007
- Safe Handling of Light Ends, Fifth edition, 2007
- Hazards of Oil Refining Distillation Units, First edition, 2008
- Liquid Hydrocarbon Tank Fires, Fourth edition, 2008
- Safe Tank Farms and (Un)Loading Operations, Fourth edition, 2008
- Safe Ups and Downs for Process Units, Seventh edition, 2009**
* Control of Work is also available in German and Mandarin
**Safe Ups and Downs for Process Units is also available in Mandarin
The books and ebooks are available to buy either individually or as a collection. Site licences can also be purchased for our ebook range, please view our price list for more information.
Designed to supplement the book and ebook collection, our animations are an ideal resource for training sessions. They include a visual and audio summary of each accident, as well as a commentary on the cause of the incident and scale of the loss incurred.
The animations are also accompanied with references, to guide further research in the respective area. Our range includes:
- Piper Alpha Platform Fire 1988***
- Singapore Refinery Multiple Tank Fires 1988***
- Grangemouth Hydrocracker Explosion 1987***
- Feyzin LPB Storage BLEVE 1966***
- Milford Haven FCCU 1994***
- Flixborough Explosion 1974***
- Martinez Hydrocracker Exothermic Runaway Reaction Management 1997
- Bantry Bay Ship Explosion and Fire 1979
- Glenpool Terminal Tank Fire 2003
***also available in German
Our animations are available to purchase on a range of licences, please view our price list for more information.
For use in conjunction with Liquid Hydrocarbon Tank Fires, our slide rules are a valuable resource enabling tank designers, industrial fire fighters and fire brigade officers to make quick and easy calculations in an emergency situation.
They’re a sturdy, plastic construction which makes them ideal for keeping in a pocket or vehicle for use in the field. Our range includes:
Slide Rule 1: Foam Application Estimator for Full Surface Tank Fires
Based on inputting the tank diameter, users of Slide Rule 1 will be able to estimate the application flow, and foam and water quantities required for a:
Slide Rule 2: Foam Application Estimator for Rim Seal or Bund Dike Fires
Users of Slide Rule 2 will be able to estimate the application flow, and foam and water quantities required for a:
- rim seal fire using fixed firefighting equipment, based on the tank diameter
- bund (dike) fire, based on the spill surface or bund surface on fire
Pricing and ordering
Visit our online store to buy copies of our books, ebooks and slide rules. To purchase copies of the BP Animations please contact our publications sales team on +44 (0)1788 534470 or email@example.com
For more information and pricing please view our price list or download our leaflet.