The Safety & Loss Prevention Special Interest Group provides a network for all those interested in safety within the process industries. Process safety transcends disciplinary boundaries and concerns a wide range of professionals including chemical, mechanical and electrical engineers, pure scientists and even accountants.
- Provide a forum for engineers, scientists and other professionals, facilitating networking and open dialogue on lessons learned
- Support professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- Promote best practice, and advance the technical and practical tools of safety and loss prevention
- Create cultures that deliver improvements in health, safety and environmental performance
- Build an understanding of risk issues, and influence the development and adoption of risk reduction measures test
- Technical seminars, workshops and evening talks
- Regular newsletter
- Networking via events and discussion forum
- Development of model codes and training tools
- Representation of professional interests
- Preparation of responses to consultation documents
- Award of IChemE's Frank Lees Medal and Ned Franklin Medal, recognising excellence in process safety
The Hazards Forum
The Safety & Loss Prevention Special Interest Group also work closely with the Hazards Forum which is a community of organisations and individuals interested in hazards and risks. The Hazards Forum exists to provide an interdisciplinary focus for the study of disasters and the promulgation of lesions learned from them.