Accredit your graduate training
ACTS Guidance and Forms
How to get your graduate training scheme accredited
Read the guidance and information below:
- Download the Chartered Member application guidance which contain the requirements for individuals applying for Chartered Chemical Engineer status.
- Complete the application and self-assessment form. You’ll need to identify how trainees will gain experience in each area – include examples to supplement your commitments.
- Submit your form, along with your training manual, to IChemE for peer review and feedback. The assessors may ask for some additional information (example interim reports or training diaries) to give them a better idea of the scope of your scheme.
- We will arrange an assessment visit, where our volunteers will talk to your trainees, mentors and senior team (see our suggested programme for an ACTS accreditation visit).
- The assessors will feedback to our panel – if they are happy that your scheme meets our requirements you will be awarded ACTS status for between 2 and 4 years. You’ll be asked to reaccredit after this time.
Our ACTS administrator can put you in touch with someone to discuss your company’s individual needs. We can help you understand what to include in your application, explain the full peer-assessment process and the costs involved.
All IChemE accreditation activities are peer reviewed by IChemE members. The ACTS process is audited by the Professional Formation Forum (PFF). The PFF consists of IChemE Fellows who are experienced interviewers and assessors, who are invited to join the PFF in order to share their knowledge and experience, and ensure a fair and consistent outcome.
Guidance and information
- read our notes for scheme managers
- download our notes for mentors
- download our Chartered Member application guidance to see the types of professional experience needed by your trainees.
- view our ACTS brochure
- find information for ACTS trainees
- read our Mentoring Guidelines
- access our Framework for Effective Mentoring
- see our suggested programme for an ACTS accreditation visit
- if you have any questions or would like to organise a meeting, please contact:
Accreditation and Membership Administrator
+44 (0)1788 534462