Call for papers - deadline extended until 31 January 2020
This conference will provide a platform for high-quality papers on sustainable production and consumption, aiming to explore multidimensional interactions between technology, the environment, economy, society and policy.
To foster the multidisciplinary needed in addressing the challenges of sustainable production and consumption, papers are invited from engineers, natural and social scientists, as well as from the humanities. Contributions at the interface of these disciplines are particularly encouraged.
Papers should include some elements of life cycle thinking and should clearly demonstrate that they are addressing topics related to sustainable production and consumption. The topics covered by the conference will include:
- circular economy
- ecosystem services
- energy, food, water and waste nexus
- life cycle sustainability assessment and management
- sustainable lifestyles and consumer engagement
- sustainable technologies, products and services
- sustainability indicators, multi-criteria decision analysis and systems optimisation
- sustainable development policy.
Presenters at the conference will have a great opportunity to share and develop their knowledge of sustainable production and consumption, make new contacts, meet professionals in the field and foster new collaborations.
The conference is organised in collaboration with the Sustainable Production and Consumption journal which publishes high-quality multidisciplinary papers on research and practice in this field. Selected abstracts will be invited to submit full papers for a special issue of the journal.
How to submit a paper
- complete our abstract submission form with details of your proposed paper, also indicating your preference for an oral or a poster presentation
- ensure you have permission from your organisation
- submit your abstract by 31 January 2020.
If you'd like to discuss your proposed paper/topic before submitting your abstract, contact us and we'll put you in touch with our technical committee.
- call for papers open — 12 July 2019
- deadline for abstract submissions — 31 January 2020
- authors notified — March 2020
- programme published — April 2020