Best practice and emerging technologies in process automation and control
18—20 November 2019, Manchester, UK
Spend three days with leading figures from industry and academia as you consider best practice and emerging technologies in process automation and control.
Attendees at Advances 2019 will enjoy access to:
- presentations and posters from practitioners with in-depth experience of the traditional process control sectors and insight into how automation will change the industry
- plenary speakers from industry, academia and the regulators who will share their understanding of the evolving role of process automation and control
- a trade exhibition of process automation and control products and services
- workshops exploring key topics in more depth
- social and networking opportunities.
The conference will provide a focus for promoting learning and practice in the application of IoT technologies, big data analytics and machine learning in the process manufacturing sector and an opportunity to develop professional networks for new entrants into the field.
Attendees will go home equipped to deliver the most effective use of automation technologies at their workplace and to take advantage of the potential and promise of 'smart manufacturing' in the process sector.
Mark your calendar and don't miss this great opportunity.
Conference chair: Chris Hamlin FIChemE, Director, Operational Certainty Consulting, Emerson Automation Solutions.
Free taster workshop: Advanced Analytics in Process Manufacturing
On 21 October you can get a preview of this conference by attending a free online workshop.
This hands-on training will show attendees how to perform process analytics using the Seeq application. The workshop will begin with a general overview of a typical analytics workflow (finding data, cleansing, calculating metrics, and monitoring) before using Seeq to work through a use case involving calculating process metrics, finding excursions from metric limits, and building a simple dashboard.