Call for abstracts
** Our call for abstracts is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted. We'll be in touch with feedback at the end of October. **
Hazards 30 will provide a forum for sharing experiences and promoting good practice across industry. If you have process safety experience to share that others can learn from, we encourage you to present it to your peers.
Initially, we would like an abstract (500 words maximum) outlining your proposed topic. The abstract submission deadline is 4 October 2019.
Who we'd like to hear from
Anyone who can provide insight into latest research or developments, lessons learned, or good practice in process safety from an industrial, regulatory or academic perspective.
We would particularly like to encourage those owning and managing risk within operating companies to share their hands-on experience so that others can apply the lessons learned to their own operations.
We'd like to hear from a range of industry sectors including oil & gas, chemicals, offshore, power, laboratories, nuclear, food & drink, pharmaceuticals, water, manufacturing, renewable energy, agrochemicals, transmission networks, and transport of hazardous goods/supply chain.
We're also interested in how process safety is being applied in new technologies, eg new energy start-ups, LNG powered vehicles, hydrogen, CO2, biomethane, unconventional gas, batteries.
What we're looking for
You may have latest research or new ideas to share, or practical lessons that others can use and apply to their own work, eg feedback on challenges/issues encountered and how you solved them.
Perhaps others can learn from your company's process safety systems and procedures, or from a specific case study.
Lessons learned from incidents or near-misses are always well-received, as are success stories demonstrating how good process safety practice has delivered tangible, positive results.
As we mark the 60th anniversary of the Hazards conference, examples linking old and new incidents, with a perspective on the lessons learned for the future, are welcomed.
Whatever your experience in process safety, if you think others can benefit, then we'd like to hear from you.
- Engineering & Design
- Environmental Protection
- Human Factors
- Knowledge & Competence
- Safety Culture
- Systems & Procedures
- share lessons learned and good practice, and make the process industries safer
- enhance your reputation and demonstrate your commitment to improving process safety
- generate impact for your research and present it to an industrial audience
- enhance your CV and demonstrate a commitment to your personal/professional development.
About the submission process
- abstracts will be reviewed by the technical committee and if they are considered sufficiently suitable and relevant to the Hazards 30 programme, a full paper will be requested
- following another independent review, successful papers will be offered a presenting slot in the programme or the opportunity to display a poster at the conference
- there are up to 70 presenting slots and an unlimited number of poster slots available.
How to submit
- download our abstract submission form and complete with a summary of your proposed presentation (500-words maximum)
- ensure you have permission from your organisation
- send your form to email@example.com by 4 October 2019.
If you'd like to discuss your proposed topic before submitting an abstract, feel free to contact us
- 4 October 2019 – abstract submission deadline
- End October 2019 – abstract review completed and results communicated
- 17 January 2020 – full paper submission deadline
- Early-February 2020 – full paper review completed and presenting/poster slots confirmed