16–18 November 2021, Virtual Process Safety Conference
Hazards is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading process safety conferences. First staged in 1960, Hazards is an industry-focused event, providing a platform for sharing good practice, current thinking and lessons learned in process safety, as well as valuable networking opportunities.
Hazards 31 will be held virtually on 16–18 November 2021, building on the success of last year’s online event, and continuing to facilitate knowledge-transfer and reflection in the safest and most accessible way. There will be a fully interactive, live programme, and all content will be available to view on-demand after the event.
Hazards 31 will review good practice, new innovation and lessons learned across every major aspect of process safety, promoting a continuous focus on improving performance.
We will also be exploring some broader themes relevant to the process safety agenda:
- Identifying and embedding good practice in process safety including:
- the role of executive leadership
- how to achieve engagement and common practice
- learning lessons from past incidents.
- How to embed the strategic learning from the COVID-19 response into process safety management
- Process safety issues associated with climate change and decarbonisation technologies including:
- managing the effect on existing infrastructure
- the opportunity to apply the principles of inherent safety
- understanding and managing the major hazard implications of new energies including H2, LNG, batteries, wind and solar
- managing the effect of changing weather patterns and extreme events caused by climate change.
- Process safety opportunities and risks associated with digitalisation, big data, Artificial Intelligence, and cyber security
Finally, we will also explore cross-sector learning opportunities for process safety and loss prevention professionals.
- 80+ peer-reviewed presentations from industry practitioners, regulators and researchers
- Plenary and invited speakers
- Live Q&A and discussion sessions to help move the agenda forward
- On-demand access to all content presented at the live event for 30 days afterwards
- Virtual networking lounge
- Virtual exhibition hall
- Deadline for abstract submissions: 14 May 2021
- Programme published: early July 2021
- Conference dates: 16–18 November 2021
"If you want your industry or your business to stay safe, to avoid catastrophe, to improve its safety record, you need to learn what is good practice, and there's no better place to do that than at Hazards."Laurence Cusco, Health and Safety Executive