Call for papers
The call for abstracts is now closed. Download the conference programme (PDF).
The Hazards Australasia technical programme will be constructed around a compelling line-up of invited keynote speakers, who will provide a strategic view from industry, academe and the regulator. Technical presentations will review best practice and latest research in the functional areas that are fundamental to managing process safety effectively.
Hazards Australasia is an international event and, whilst it is primarily focused on the Australasian chemical and process industries, contributions have been welcomed from all regions where the process safety challenge is being addressed.
It will feature examples of process safety knowledge, insight and experience that others can learn from and transfer to their own operations. This will include:
- how challenges and issues have been solved and the lessons learned
- lessons learned from past incidents/near-misses
- examples of ‘success stories’ where good process safety practice has delivered positive, tangible results
- latest research
- examples of innovation
- strategic learning from the COVID-19 response
- examples of good process safety leadership.
Key dates and deadlines
- Abstracts to be reviewed by technical committee, allocation of oral or poster presentation and invitation to submit full paper: week of 30 April 2022
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 30 May 2022
- Full paper submission deadline: 16 June 2022
- Final full paper submission deadline: 30 June 2022
- Technical programme published and presenters notified: 11 July 2022
- Event takes place: 25-27 September 2022
*Dates are subject to change.