This course focuses on measures to protect life and avoid serious injury, including the provision of shelter and refuges, escape routes, evacuation equipment, fire fighting and shut-down sectors.
You will be led through the fundamentals of emergency response requirements using a blend of theory and workshop exercises, drawing upon case studies from a range of industry sectors.
Register your interest >>
Download the Emergency Planning Principles Q&A >>
By the end of course delegates will:
- learn the regulatory requirements (eg 1995 PFEER) pertaining to the protection of people during major accidents
- identify all foreseeable integrity threats (Major Accident Hazards)
- understand the risk analysis required for both onshore and offshore major accident response planning
- describe the components of emergency procedures from minor incidents to major accidents
- explain the effectiveness of the plants protection and procedures, including temporary refuges
- appreciate the requirement for emergency response planning and communications
- clearly describe the various roles within emergency response and incident management.
Who will benefit
- Anyone involved in the prevention of major accidents or incidents
- Project and plant managers
- Introduction to UK and international regulations
- Identifying integrity threats and their potential to compromise the integrity of places of refuges
- Risk analysis required for both onshore and offshore major accident planning
- Emergency response principles
- Management of major emergencies
- Emergency response planning, communications and training
- Effectiveness of facility provided protection and procedures, including temporary refuges
- Lessons learned from accidents
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places — 5% discount
- 3 places — 10% discount
- 4 or more places — 15% discount.
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
This course is also available as an in-company course (face-to-face or online) where content can be customised to meet your organisation's specific needs and delivered on a date/location that suits your requirements. Contact us for more information.