Whether you are new to project and construction management, or have previous experience, this is an opportunity to review best practice when managing engineering projects.
This course will help you to understand the range of project management systems, tools and techniques that are available when managing engineering projects.
You'll discover how to apply a structured approach to project delivery and how to manage the issues that will inevitably crop up during a project life-cycle.
Delegates will receive a copy of the Project Management Toolkit handbook as part of the course materials.
- Understand the range of project management systems, tools and techniques available
- Understand best practice when managing engineering projects
- Be able to take a more structured approach to project delivery
- Feel more confident about managing issues during the project life-cycle
Who will benefit
- Engineers new to project and construction management
- Project managers with some years of experience
- Construction engineers and managers
- Line managers
- Project basics
- Performance 1: measuring project performance, managing scope, managing quality, managing time
- Performance 2: managing resources, managing cost, integration
- Performance 3: managing contracting, managing risk (including HSE risk)
- Process: project phases, project organisation, managing information, managing communication
- Governance: opportunities, benefits management, assurance, stakeholder engagement
- People: teams, individuals, leadership
- Review and reflection