Learn about all aspects of explosion hazards on land based and offshore facilities, focusing on the release of gas, vapour and liquids.
This course covers the assessment of the multiple hazards associated with offshore and onshore facilities (including LNG facilities). It includes discussion on release and dispersion modelling, explosion modelling, cryogenic spills, prevention and mitigation, probabilistic risk assessments, legislation, and significant incidents..
Delegates will have the opportunity to participate in practical case studies and the course includes demonstrations on the application of consequence modelling software (both CFD and phenomenological) as input to safety studies.
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- the incident chain of events
- the important parameters governing release, dispersion and vapour cloud explosions
- different risk analysis approaches
- various preventative measures to reduce the occurrence and consequence of incidents
- various modelling techniques that may be applied to safety studies and the importance of using advanced 3D modelling for detailed explosion analyses.
This course will provide a thorough appreciation of the above topics.
Who will benefit
Safety engineers, managers, consultants and supervisors, personnel involved in the design, operation or modification of a petrochemical facility (chemical processing, O&G platforms, FPSOs, LNG, FLNG etc), oil and gas HSE practitioners/incident investigators and anyone who would like to develop an understanding of gas explosion safety.
- Timeline of explosion hazard management, including examples of industrial explosions
- The science of explosions; chain of events, key parameters
- Overview of regulatory requirements (DSEAR and PFEER)
- Explosion prevention and protection measures
- The role of consequence modelling
- Work shopped examples of industry-leading modelling tools FRED and FLACS
- The use of consequence models within a probabilistic framework
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places — 5% discount
- 3 places — 10% discount
- 4 or more places — 15% discount.
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
This course is also available as an in-company course (face-to-face or online) where content can be customised to meet your organisation's specific needs and delivered on a date/location that suits your requirements. Contact us for more information.