This IChemE flagship process safety training course is essential for anyone who is involved in the design, modification, operation and maintenance of a major hazard or process plant and references the management framework built on six functional areas or pillars developed by the IChemE Safety Centre.
The course functional pillars are:
- knowledge and competence
- engineering and design
- systems and procedures
- human factors and
Process safety incidents constantly highlight the importance of having a clear understanding of the principles of process safety management throughout an organisation. This must include staff at all levels from board members through engineers and other technical staff to plant and shift managers and supervisors. This intensive course covers the fundamentals and aims to provide an understanding of the key principles of process safety and its management.
We are celebrating 10 years since the first Fundamentals of Process Safety training course took place. Take a look at how the course was developed and how it has evolved since.
- understand the key principles of process safety and its management
- understand the consequences of poor process safety (human, environmental and business consequences)
- be aware of the key factors influencing the basis of process safety
- understand the hazards associated with a process plant and how the risks can be controlled
- understand the key process safety requirements at each stage in the life cycle of a process plant from conceptual design through to operation, maintenance and modification
- understand the interdependence and the need for overall organisation process safety management capability
- understand how to acquire further knowledge and understanding of process safety management.
An end-of-course assessment is included. Delegates who successfully complete the assessment will receive an IChemE pass certificate in the Fundamentals of Process Safety.
Who will benefit
- managers, supervisors, engineers, safety personnel, and others involved in the design, operation, modification or maintenance of major hazard or other process plant
- graduates, chemical and other engineers en-route to achieving Chartered status
- anyone who would like to develop an understanding of process safety
- professionals who want to expand their knowledge of process safety.
The course has interactive workshops, case studies and theory covering core areas of a process safety framework.
View the daily course outline >>
Our pool of expert trainers have worked in many industries, such as: oil and gas, offshore, refining, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, food processing, utilities, gas distribution, energy, power generation and in some case with government regulators. This makes them ideally placed to deliver the course to delegates coming from a range of industries and encourage cross-sector learning.
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places - 5% discount
- 3 places - 10% discount
- 4 or more places - 15% discount.