View details of our live online version of this course >>
Hazard identification requires a systematic and methodical approach to ensure all risks are recognised, prioritised and managed.
This course will help you develop the skills and knowledge to prevent and protect against the effects of process safety incidents. You will explore a range of hazard identification techniques, their advantages, limitations and when to apply them.
The course features a variety of learning methods, including workshops, practical exercises, case studies and video. It can also contribute to satisfying the 'Hazard Identification' competence of your application to become a 'Professional Process Safety Engineer'.
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- the principles of key hazard identification techniques such as inherent safety study, HAZID, HAZOP and FMECA
- how to select appropriate techniques for different situations, scenarios and stages in the project lifecycle
- the advantages and limitations of each technique
- when and how to use risk assessment as part of hazard identification, including LOPA.
Who will benefit
Suitable for anyone responsible for the design, commissioning, decommissioning, construction, installation and modification of plant. It will also benefit plant/process operators, process safety engineers and loss prevention specialists.
- Hazard identification through the process lifecycle
- Inherent safety study
- Concept and preliminary Hazard Analysis (HAZID)
- The HAZOP technique (continuous, batch and procedural)
- Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places — 5% discount
- 3 places — 10% discount
- 4 or more places — 15% discount.
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
This course is also available as an in-company course (face-to-face or online) where content can be customised to meet your organisation's specific needs and delivered on a date/location that suits your requirements. Contact us for more information.
Register your interest
Register your interest in this course to receive latest updates >>