This course explores best practice in HAZOP leadership and management. You will learn about the application of the technique and how to plan and manage study programmes more effectively. You will also learn how best to lead study teams to ensure maximum effectiveness and successful project execution.
Case studies will allow you to undertake a range of project team roles and provide the opportunity to guide a team through the HAZOP process.
Certificates will be issued to candidates that pass an end-of-course assessment (certification does not act as IChemE HAZOP leader accreditation/endorsement).
By the end of this course you will understand how to:
- prepare for a HAZOP study meeting and programme – including defining the scope of the study and choosing the team
- choose nodes (parts of the drawings or operation for HAZOP study)
- estimate the programme requirements for the successful completion of a study
- use facilitation techniques to motivate the team and keep them on task
- avoid common problems encountered during study meetings, including challenging behaviours
- formulate the HAZOP study report
- understand the team leader’s role in the implementation of recommendations and the management of the process.
Who will benefit
This course is for individuals experienced in the HAZOP technique who are required to lead HAZOP studies. They must have experience as a team member and understand the HAZOP methodology. Experience as a HAZOP study scribe would also be useful.
- Leadership responsibilities
- Planning a HAZOP programme
- Node identification and time estimation
- Preparation of the event
- Recording style, skills and development of recommendations
- HAZOP meeting facilitation
- Team dynamics
- Leadership through the study
- Development of the final report and action management
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places - 5% discount
- 3 places - 10% discount
- 4 or more places - 15% discount.