This course provides effective, realistic training for HAZOP team members and leaders. Alongside presentations covering all the essential aspects of the method, you will participate in workshops on HAZOP for continuing processes, sequential operations and computer-controlled plant. You will also learn more about the relationship between HAZOP and other hazard identification methods and hazard studies.
Much of the course is dedicated to group work on realistic HAZOP studies, giving team leaders and team members practical experience in their respective roles.
Examples are drawn from a range of industry sectors and typical reports are also provided. You can also take part in discussion and analysis sessions to identify strengths, weaknesses and learning points from the case studies.
If you have little or limited experience as a HAZOP team member, you should register for the course as a team member, whilst experienced team members, those new to team leadership and leaders in need of a refresher, should register as a team leader.
Team leaders will learn:
- how to be a good leader, emphasised by practice and reviews
- how to manage HAZOP studies
- the importance of pre-study preparation
- how to work effectively with the team secretary and the team members.
Team members will learn:
- how HAZOP study works
- the role and responsibilities of a team member
- how to become a valuable team member.
Who will benefit
New HAZOP team leaders, experienced HAZOP team members moving on to team leadership and new HAZOP team members. This course will also benefit anyone who needs to refresher/ update their HAZOP knowledge, engineers and other technical personnel new to HAZOP and those with safety / project management responsibilities.
- the HAZOP technique
- developing hazardous scenarios
- roles and responsibilities
- human factors
- common pitfalls and how to avoid them
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places - 5% discount
- 3 places - 10% discount
- 4 or more places - 15% discount.