A manager must display skills and behaviours which are very different from those required of a member of a team, and the transition needed to succeed is probably greater for someone moving into their first managerial role than it will be at any future point in their career.
Unfortunately for many new managers and their employers, the training they receive does not recognise the fundamental changes they need to make. With guidance however, most new managers can quickly understand and start to put into practice the necessary skills and behaviours.
This interactive course helps chemical engineers moving from a hands-on, technical role to their first management position to understand the skills shift required when making the transition to team leader and the skills and behaviours needed to lead their new team effectively.
The course is delivered by an experienced consultant and coach who is also a Chartered Chemical Engineer.
‘"Good content tailored to moving from technical to management unlike other 'management' courses." Genzyme delegate.
You will understand the key shifts in behaviour and attitude that are essential in order to be a successful manager.
Who will benefit
Engineers and scientists who:
- are currently in a first level management position;
- lead teams but might not yet have a formal management position;
- or will shortly be promoted into a management position.
The course covers:
- key shifts in behaviour and attitude that are essential in order to be a successful manager
- specific skill areas: time management, effective communication, delegation, motivation, providing effective feedback, developing people
- action planning - a clear individual action plan to link the course learning back to their workplace.
The course is highly interactive. Material is delivered as a series of presentations with plenty of opportunity for discussion, coupled with case studies and role plays.
"It has helped me to understand that there is a transition from my previous technical role to my current leader role." Pfizer.
"Great course and hugely relevant to technically minded professionals." BP Norway.