Effective risk assessment is key to protecting businesses against the potentially devastating impact of process safety incidents. In most countries it is also a legal requirement.
This course will help you to develop the skills and knowledge to identify, assess and communicate process risks from a safety, environmental or business perspective, from a simple qualitative approach to fully quantified assessments.
This course can also contribute to satisfying the 'Risk Assessment' competence of your application to become a Professional Process Safety Engineer.
By the end of the course you will understand:
- individual and societal risk concepts
- risk tolerability
- the principles of As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) demonstration.
- the 5-stage risk assessment process, the different types of process risk assessment and when to apply them
- qualitative, semi-quantitative and quantitative methods including risk matrices, bow tie analysis, LOPA, environmental rik assessment, fault -tree analysis, event-tree analysis. Hazard Analysis, Qualitative Risk Assessment and occupied building risk assessment
Who will benefit
- staff involved in the risk assessment process including supervisors, managers and directors
- plant/process operators including maintenance functions
- process safety engineers and loss prevention specialists .
- process risk
- qualitative risk assessment
- semi-quantitative risk assessment
- layer of protection analysis
- environmental risk assessment
- hazard analysis
- quantified risk analysis
- cost-benefit analysis
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places - 5% discount
- 3 places - 10% discount
- 4 or more places - 15% discount