Effective risk assessment is key to protecting businesses against the potentially devastating impact of process safety incidents. In most countries it is also a legal requirement.
This course will help you to develop the skills and knowledge to identify, assess and communicate process risks from a safety, environmental or business perspective, from a simple qualitative approach to fully quantified assessments.
This course can also contribute to satisfying the 'Risk Assessment' competence of your application to become a Professional Process Safety Engineer.
By the end of the course you will understand:
- individual and societal risk concepts
- risk tolerability
- the principles of As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) demonstration.
- the 5-stage risk assessment process, the different types of process risk assessment and when to apply them
- qualitative, semi-quantitative and quantitative methods including risk matrices, bow-tie analysis, Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA), environmental risk assessment, fault-tree analysis, event-tree analysis, Hazard Analysis, Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) and occupied buildings risk assessment.
Who will benefit
- Staff involved in the risk assessment process including supervisors, managers and directors
- Plant/process operators including maintenance functions
- Process safety engineers and loss prevention specialists
- Process risk
- Qualitative risk assessment
- Semi-quantitative risk assessment
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Environmental risk assessment
- Hazard Analysis
- Quantified risk analysis
- Cost-benefit analysis
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places — 5% discount
- 3 places — 10% discount
- 4 or more places — 15% discount.
This course is also available as an in-company course (face-to-face or online) where content can be customised to meet your organisation's specific needs and delivered on a date/location that suits your requirements. Contact us for more information.
Register your interest
Register your interest in this course to receive latest updates >>