Gain a basic and practical understanding of project finance including reasons why projects are financed on a limited or non-recourse basis.
You’ll also learn the advantages and disadvantages of project finance, business models used by projects raising project finance, quantitative and qualitative analysis required to develop a financing solution for a project, contracts and other documentation, how to determine a project’s borrowing capacity, risks assessment and mitigation, sources of limited and non-recourse debt, advisors used, credit-related concepts and the project finance process.
The course uses a combination of lectures, case studies, videos and interactive discussions.
- what is project finance?
- basic elements of a project financing structure
- advantages and disadvantages of project finance
- credit-related concepts used in project finance
- credit enhancement mechanisms used in project finance
- advisers used and other specialist experts
- project viability factors
- risk mitigation and risk management methods
- contracts and other documentation used in project finance
- risk periods in a project
- sources of funds
- business models used by projects to raise project finance
- financial modelling and project evaluation
- coverage ratios
- assessment of a project’s borrowing capacity
- credit criteria used by financiers
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- the basics of project finance
- risks involved when reviewing or supplying information during the project finance process
- risks involved when raising Project Finance
- how to form a team with the right capabilities to successfully raise Project Finance
Who will benefit
The course has been developed for chemical engineers, however it is equally suitable for those seeking a basic and practical understanding of project finance or wanting to refresh their knowledge of project finance. It will also benefit those working in government and government agencies, project sponsor roles, contractors, consulting firms and financial institutions including multilaterals and export credit agencies.