This is an IChemE approved training course and not delivered directly by the Institution. For more information about the course, contact the training provider directly.
The course will introduce you to the economic analysis of capital project investment opportunities in the context of risk and uncertainty, providing you with the knowledge, language and tools to improve your commercial business awareness and to sharpen your focus on value creation.
- The role of the project economist
- Inflation, nominal, real terms money
- The time value of money, risk and discounting
- Discounted cash flows
- Project economic metrics
- Project taxation
- Evaluation of incremental projects
- Decommissioning economics
- Bias in decision making
- Introduction to decision trees
- Value of information
- IRR in acceleration projects
- Sensitivity analysis
The course will introduce you to the economic analysis of capital project investment opportunities in the context of risk and uncertainty, providing you with the knowledge, language and tools to improve your commercial business awareness and to sharpen your focus on value creation. The course will enable you to:
- engage with decision makers using their language
- calculate the profitability of a project with confidence
- understand and evaluate project risk
- calculate and understand the role of taxation in projects
- calculate project performance metrics such as IRR and NPV with confidence
Who will benefit
Those working in companies that make capital investments in projects, or that provide services to those companies and wish to have a stronger impact on business performance. The course has previously been completed by professionals working in engineering, management, tax, finance, commercial, sales, marketing and other roles.
This course is also available as an in-company course (face-to-face or online) where content can be customised to meet your organisation's specific needs and delivered on a date/location that suits your requirements. Contact us for more information.
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places - 5% discount
- 3 places - 10% discount
- 4 or more places - 15% discount.
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.