This module is also offered online – view details >>
Strengthening Organisational Performance provides key pointers for strengthening organisational safety through effective management of training and competence, staffing and workload, supervision and safety, and fatigue-related risk.
This is module three of our Human Factors in Health and Safety training programme, which has been designed to increase understanding of key human factors topics relevant to safety in the process industries.
Delegates can choose to attend Strengthening Organisational Performance as a one-off course to develop understanding in this particular area, or alongside the other Human Factors in Health and Safety modules to get a comprehensive overview of human factors.
- Understand the consequences of fatigue on human performance and how to mange it effectively
- Understand how to manage staffing and workload effectively
- Understand the impact of competence on safety and how to develop and assess competence effectively
- Understand what makes effective supervision and its role in performance and safety management
Who will benefit?
- HSE managers and advisors
- Operations managers
- Safety engineers
- Chemical/process engineers
- In-house human factors advisors eg COMAH operators' 'intelligent customers'
- The consequences of fatigue for human performance
- Managing fatigue using a Fatigue Risk Management Plan
- Fatigue-related performance indicators
- Investigating fatigue-related incidents
Staffing and workload
- Staffing, workload and process safety
- Methods for workload measurement and prediction
- HSE staffing assessment method
Training and competence
- Impact of competence on safety
- Competence management systems
- Developing and assessing competence
- Competence assurance
Effective supervision and safety leadership
- Effective supervision: its role in performance management and improvement
- Supervision models: understanding when flexibility is needed and how to achieve it
- Supervision and culture: exploring the links between supervisory behaviour and team and organisational culture
Previous delegates say
Previous delegates said Strengthening Organisational Performance would help them to:
- re-evaluate shift patterns and how to address fatigue
- re-evaluate when (what time of day) they carry out safety-critical tasks
- apply new human factors tools and techniques
- influence others
- assess competencies more effectively
- develop the role of human factors champion
- review/apply their training and competency framework
- improve awareness of human factors within their organisation
- develop a fatigue management system
- understand the staffing assessments to be done by the contractor
Other face-to-face dates
All modules will be held in Edinburgh, UK.
Those wishing to take all four modules to complete the Human Factors in Health and Safety programme can study them in any order and take a mix of online and face-to-face modules.
See our online module dates >>
Book all four Human Factors in Health and Safety modules and pay £1300 + VAT per module.
About Human Factors in Health and Safety
Learn more about the Human Factors in Health and Safety programme >>
Download our Human Factors in Health and Safety brochure >>
Train your team
This course can be delivered to corporate teams, either on-site or online. Content can be tailored to your specific requirements, and this could be a cost-effective option if you have several people requiring the training. To find out more and request a quotation, visit our in-company training page.
In partnership with: