Recent and historical incidents have highlighted the importance of having a clear understanding of the principles of process safety management throughout an organisation. This course, developed for those who are not in a process safety line management position but whose activities influence the process safety performance of their organisation. This can include staff engaged in corporate, R&D, commercial, HR and IT activities.
This course will provide a broad understanding of the tools and problem-solving techniques used in process safety.
- Understand what process safety is and the human, environmental and business consequences of poor process safety
- Have applied a simple model for analysing process safety incidents
- Have a broad understanding of process safety hazards and risk
- Learn how process safety management is organised and what are the elements of a modern process safety management system
- Understand your role in promoting process safety
Who will benefit
- Anyone involved in a role which does not have direct line responsibility for process safety
- Anyone who would like to develop a broad understanding of process safety
- Importance of process safety
- A model for process safety incidents
- Hazard and risk
- Hazard identification and risk assessment techniques
- Technical risk assessment
- Management systems
- Management of change
- Safety culture and leadership
- Human factors
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places — 5% discount
- 3 places — 10% discount
- 4 or more places — 15% discount.
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
This course is also available as an in-company course (face-to-face or online) where content can be customised to meet your organisation's specific needs and delivered on a date/location that suits your requirements. Contact us for more information.