A four-day residential programme designed to help CEng and IEng managers to develop the skills to meet the learning requirements of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership.
During the four days, you will explore the role of a manager in general, focusing on the importance of providing leadership as well as the practical side of management. In addition, you will look at how to get the best from individuals and manage their performance. You will learn how to take care of teams in order to develop and refine their smooth functioning and output, and understand the role a manager has in managing and leading change within the organisation.
After the Bootcamp, you will be required to undertake self-guided study and successfully complete assignments (of either 3000 or 5000 words) in order to achieve the Level 5 Diploma.
CEngs and IEngs are exempt from some assignments, so they will only need to pass three assignments. Upon successful completion of the Level 5 Diploma, bootcamp attendees are eligible to apply to become a Chartered Manager via the exemption route.
After completing the qualification, you will be able to:
- define the skills associated with leadership and management
- improve the way you manage the performance of individuals
- better set and review objectives
- deliver feedback that gets results
- implement team and individual performance review systems
- understand the way in which individuals develop their competence and better respond to their needs
- identify areas of poor performance
- use a model for coaching to support development
- understand the key elements that make a team 'high performing'
- diagnose the stage of a team's development and how to support the team's growth
- define the differences in managing remote teams
- understand the need for change
- identify the common barriers to change
- understand an individual's response to change and how to manage them through the process
- understand a change management model and how to use it to implement successful change.
Who will benefit
This programme is exclusive to CEng and IEng managers with three or more years' experience in people, project or resource management, who want to continue developing their leadership capability. Proof of professional registration will be required upon booking.
This is an IChemE approved training course and not delivered directly by the Institution. For more information about the course, contact the training provider directly.