This course is also being delivered online – view details >>
You invest significant resources in the daily management, control and mitigation of risks at your organisation. However, avoiding or reducing hazards is inherently safer than controlling them.
This course will give you a greater understanding of the concept of 'inherent safety' including the main principles, tools and measures for a safer, efficient and more profitable plant and operations.
There are major benefits and efficiencies to be achieved by promoting and creating an inherently safer working environment where the amount of hazardous material and hazardous operations are reduced. Unlike other risk management strategies, inherent safety seeks to remove hazards at source.
The concept of inherent safety was inspired originally by Trevor Kletz and attempts to eliminate hazards completely.
By the end of the course you will understand:
- how to identify the principles of inherent safety
- how to promote an inherent safety message throughout organisations
- how inherent safety forms part of a wider safety management system.
Who will benefit
- Staff responsible for design, commissioning, decommissioning, construction and installation of plant
- Plant/process operators including maintenance functions
- Process safety engineers and loss prevention specialists
- Environmental engineers
Graduates, chemical and other engineers may find it beneficial in the preparation of their Chartered Member application. Those working towards the Professional Process Safety registration may also find it useful.
- Risk reduction strategies
- Inherent safety principles
- Inherent safety in project cycle
- An inherently safer design process
- Inherent safety benefits
- Inherent safety measurement
- Inherent safety regulatory compliance
- Green chemistry
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places — 5% discount
- 3 places — 10% discount
- 4 or more places — 15% discount.
This course is also available as an in-company course (face-to-face or online) where content can be customised to meet your organisation's specific needs and delivered on a date/location that suits your requirements. Contact us for more information.