This is an IChemE approved training course and not delivered directly by the Institution. For more information about the course, contact the training provider directly.
This course provides a practical introduction to the principles of measurement and control of process plants. You will have the opportunity to explore the set-up and tuning of control loops using simulation and other computer-based training packages.
- Measurement of process conditions
- Principles of control
- Proportional, integral, derivative control
- Control tuning
- Alternative control strategies
- Control valves
- Computer control systems
By the end of this course, you will:
- understand the working of the most common types of instruments used in the measurement of pressure, level, temperature and flow
- understand the configuration and tuning of PID controllers
- hands on ability to tune a simple control loop
- understand control techniques such as cascade, feed-forward, adaptive, and split-range control
- understand the advantages, use, and function of modern computer-based control
- know the commonly used types of control valves and the advantages of each.
Who will benefit
Engineers, managers, instrument technicians, and operations personnel who want to know how to use good process control to increase throughputs, yields, product quality, and energy efficiency.