Live online course – dates to be confirmed (BST).
Also available on-demand
This interactive online course will explore the fundamentals of procurement in the engineering industries including the different types of procurement processes, the relationship with the supplier/contractor, and how to maximise value for money.
There will be practical exercises to embed the learning and new understanding, tailored to each delegate's situation and experience. Through this, delegates will be able to develop their own action plans for implementation in their organisation.
Teaching will be delivered via two live sessions (approx 2–3 hours in length each).
An e-certificate will be issued at the end of the course to confirm attendance and CPD hours logged. Please note that you must attend all modules to receive the certificate.
By the end of the course you will:
- understand appropriate procurement processes
- appreciate different pricing and cost approaches
- know how to manage suppliers appropriately
- have developed action plans for benefit in your organisation.
Who will benefit
- Engineers involved in dealing with suppliers and contractors
- Project managers
- How to improve safety, reduce costs and increase value from suppliers through adopting appropriate approaches for each category
- The relationships between price, cost and value
- The benefits of a whole life-cycle cost approach
- How suppliers segment their customer base
Previous delegates said
"The interactive nature of the course was very useful as we could discuss things relevant to our experiences and learn from each other. Real-life business examples helped explain the business concepts."
G Bermingham, Projexpertise, UK
"Paul had a very friendly approach and was open to questions and discussion."
E Saldanha, Pace Flow Assurance, UK
To be confirmed (BST).
To be confirmed (BST).
Register your interest in future dates.
- IChemE member: £720 + VAT
- Non-member: £864 + VAT
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places–10% discount
- 3 places–15% discount
- 4 or more places–20% discount.
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
Modules will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. If you don't already have this installed, you can join as a guest in order to access the training. We'll share information about how to do this after you've registered.
Train your team
This course can be delivered to corporate teams, either on-site or online. Content can be tailored to your specific requirements, and this could be a cost-effective option if you have several people requiring the training. To find out more and request a quotation, visit our in-company training page.