Live online course – from 15 November 2022, 09:30–10:30 GMT.
Whether you are new to project and construction management, or have previous experience, this online course is an opportunity to review best practice when managing engineering projects.
You'll explore the range of project management systems, tools and techniques that are available, and learn how to apply a structured approach to project delivery, as well as how to manage issues that will inevitably crop up during a project life-cycle.
Teaching will be delivered via four live sessions (a one-hour introductory session plus three 3-hour sessions) and pre-recorded video content for independent study.
An e-certificate will be issued at the end of the course to confirm attendance and CPD hours logged. Please note that you must attend all modules to receive the certificate.
- Understand the range of project management systems, tools and techniques available
- Understand best practice when managing engineering projects
- Be able to take a more structured approach to project delivery
- Feel more confident about managing issues during the project life-cycle
Who will benefit
- Engineers new to project and construction management
- Project managers with some years of experience
- Construction engineers and managers
- Line managers
- Project basics
- Performance 1: measuring project performance, managing scope, managing quality, managing time
- Performance 2: managing resources, managing cost, integration
- Performance 3: managing contracting, managing risk (including HSE risk)
- Process: project phases, project organisation, managing information, managing communication
- Governance: opportunities, benefits management, assurance, stakeholder engagement
- People: teams, individuals, leadership
- Review and reflection
Previous delegates said
"An excellent overview of project management."
S Ritchie, Optimus, UK
"The course provided an excellent grounding in capital project management in the process industries."
R Holden, Essar Oil, UK
"The content was extremely effective in laying out a structured approach to key elements of project management."
M Larkin, Chemoxy International, UK
"The exercises were well thought-out and seemed relatable to real-world scenarios."
C Speers, PQ Corporation, UK
Tuesday 15 November 2022, 09:30–10:30 GMT.
Tuesday 22 November 2022, 09:30–13:30 GMT.
Tuesday 29 November 2022, 09:30–13:30 GMT.
Tuesday 6 December 2022, 09:30–13:30 GMT.
Pre-recorded video content will be provided for independent study before/between modules.
Not available then? Register your interest in future dates.
- IChemE member: £1440 + VAT
- Non-member: £1728 + VAT
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places–10% discount
- 3 places–15% discount
- 4 or more places–20% discount.
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
Modules will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. If you don't already have this installed, you can join as a guest in order to access the training. We'll share information about how to do this after you've registered.
Train your team
This course can be delivered to corporate teams, either on-site or online. Content can be tailored to your specific requirements, and this could be a cost-effective option if you have several people requiring the training. To find out more and request a quotation, visit our in-company training page.
* CPD hours should be used as an approximate guide and will vary depending on the preferred approach of the delegate and to what extent additional learning is completed.