An Introduction to Sustainability
It is important that chemical engineers have a basic understanding of sustainability and their role in it. This course will provide you with an introduction to the key issues and help you to achieve your sustainability goals.
The course includes pre-recorded and interactive content, recommended further learning and an end of course assessment. You will receive an automated end-of-course certificate, subject to successful completion of the assessment.
As part of the launch of the new Sustainability Hub, IChemE members currently get free access to this course by inputting a discount code. See below for more details.
Already purchased this course? Log back into the IChemE Virtual Learning Zone to continue your learning.
By the end of the course, you will:
- understand the contributions that chemical engineers can make to the delivery of sustainability
- understand how chemical engineering principles can contribute to sustainability
- be aware of the sustainability issues, obligations, and responsibilities of chemical engineers
- have a better understanding of ‘sustainability thinking’.
Who will benefit
Chemical engineers at all levels, across all sectors, seeking to develop a better understanding of sustainability.
- Module 1: What is sustainability
- Module 2: Sustainability awareness
- Module 3: Sustainability pillars
- Module 4: United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Module 5: Sustainable development
- Module 6: Industrial ecology
- Module 7: Sustainable chemical engineering
- Module 8: Measuring sustainability
This on-demand course is delivered via IChemE’s Virtual Learning Zone (registration required). You will be able to access the training course via your web browser and complete the course at your own pace. You will have access to the course for six months and will be required to complete the course within this time frame.
Free access to IChemE Members
As part of the launch of the new Sustainability Hub, IChemE Members can currently obtain free access to this course by inputting a discount code. The code has been shared with Members via:
- Member News
- Direct email campaigns
- The article on the Sustainability Hub in TCE issue 969
If you cannot find the discount code, please contact us confirming your IChemE Membership number.
If purchasing for multiple users, the following discounts are available:
- 2-5 users – 25% discount
- 6-10 users – 35% discount
- 11-50 users – 50% discount
How to purchase
Buying for yourself – purchase here
Buying on behalf of someone else or for multiple users – purchase here
Train your team
This course can be delivered to corporate teams, either on-site or online. Content can be tailored to your specific requirements, and this could be a cost-effective option if you have several people requiring the training. To find out more and request a quotation, visit our in-company training page.
* CPD hours should be used as an approximate guide and will vary depending on the preferred approach of the delegate and to what extent additional learning is completed.
Contact Phone +44 (0)1788 534496
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org