Ethical decision-making is a vital part of a chemical engineer’s responsibility. By using their technical knowledge and professional standing to support ethical decision-making, chemical engineers can help to positively lead an organisation towards more sustainable business practices and processes.
This course will equip you with the basic knowledge you need to understand and make ethical decisions.
The course includes pre-recorded and interactive content, recommended further learning and an end of course assessment. You will receive an automated end-of-course certificate, subject to successful completion of the assessment.
As part of the launch of the new Sustainability Hub, IChemE Members can obtain free access to this course by inputting a discount code. See below for more details.
Already purchased this course? Log back into the IChemE Virtual Learning Zone to continue your learning.
By the end of the course, you will:
- understand the need for, and purpose of, ethical decision-making
- have developed an awareness of a chemical engineer’s issues, obligations, and responsibilities with regard to ethics
- understand how ethical decision-making needs to be integrated into all aspects of your role
- be able to apply critical thinking to scenarios that may present ethical dilemmas
- know how to support the development of ‘sustainability thinking’
Who will benefit
Chemical engineers working at all levels in any industry.
- Module 1: What chemical engineering ethics means to you
- Module 2: Leadership, organisational culture and ethical standards
- Module 3: An ethical decision-making framework
- Module 4: Ethical decision-making case studies
- Module 5: Ethical decision-making case studies part 2
- Module 6: Supplementary material: a focus on chemical engineers
This on-demand course is delivered via IChemE’s Virtual Learning Zone (registration required). You will be able to access the training course via your web browser and complete the course at your own pace. You will have access to the course for six months and will be required to complete the course within this time frame.
Free access to IChemE Members
As part of the launch of the new Sustainability Hub, IChemE members can obtain free access to this course by inputting a discount code. The code was shared with Members via:
- the 'Member News' email on 1 February 2022
- an email to all Members on 4 February 2022
- an article on the Sustainability Hub in TCE issue 969 (published at the end of February 2022)
If you cannot find the discount code, please contact us confirming your IChemE Membership number.
If purchasing for multiple users, the following discounts are available:
- 2-5 users – 25% discount
- 6-10 users – 35% discount
- 11-50 users – 50% discount
How to purchase
Train your team
This course can be delivered to corporate teams, either on-site or online. Content can be tailored to your specific requirements, and this could be a cost-effective option if you have several people requiring the training. To find out more and request a quotation, visit our in-company training page.
* CPD hours should be used as an approximate guide and will vary depending on the preferred approach of the delegate and to what extent additional learning is completed.