On demand course.
This series of 4 case studies covers the reduction of risks from dust explosion making use of the DERReK methodology that is presented in the IChemE/BPE Dust Explosion online training modules. Each case study will demonstrate how the methodology works and how it can be applied to different potential dust explosion problems in different industries.
What's included in the series
- Four 60-minute modules
- Four digital recordings for your personal use
- Digital copies of all slides and supporting materials (PDF) for your personal use
- E-certificate of attendance, including hours allocation, for CPD purposes
Module 1: Pharmaceutical granulation, fluid bed drying and mill
- Follows the classic wet granulation, fluid bed drying and milling process
- Considers typical pharmaceutical mixtures
- The importance of non-electrical sources of ignition and mitigation of consequences will be a major part of this case study
Module 2: Manufacture of ink using carbon black
- Centred on a US Chemical Safety Board case study
- Examines differences in approach that the DERReK methodology would highlight compared to the Chemical Safety Board Recommendations
- Highlights how an explosion suppression system works in practice
Module 3: Conveying dusty solids into a silo
- Reviews the combination of conveying and gravity charging to a silo
- Assesses changes made to large scale plant in the US that lead to a dust explosion
- Examines a large scale experiment carried out in Germany and lessons learnt for hazardous area classification
Module 4: Large scale refuse separation and drying
- Considers the DERReK methodology in relationship to the refuse separation and drying process
- Examines whether it is possible to make logical conclusions about the hazardous area classification of parts of the process
- Considers the possible consequences of any explosion
This option allows you to purchase the course for up to 10 individual users at a significantly reduced price of £1055 + VAT. Contact us for more information at email@example.com.