This award-winning online course, delivered in partnership with BPE, comprises of four modules, each between 60-90 minutes in length, examines the causes and prevention of explosive atmospheres and the requirements of the European ATEX directives and the associated IEC and ISO standards.
The ATEX directives form the legal requirements in the EU and cover the minimum requirements for improving the health and safety protection of workers potentially at risk from explosive atmospheres and are an approximation of the laws of EU Member States concerning equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. Similar regulation exists in many countries outside Europe and the IEC and ISO standards are globally applicable.
This course uses a ten-step approach to consider all of the requirements for dust explosion risk reduction whether these are covered by regulations or the IEC/ISO standards.
The modules are effective as stand-alone training sessions or as part of a modular programme.
What's included in the series
- four 60 minute digital recordings for your personal use
- digital copies of all slides and supporting materials (PDF) for your personal use
- e-certificate, including hours allocation, for CPD purposes.
The benefits of IChemE online learning
- save money: no travel, subsistence or accommodation costs
- stay productive: limit your time away from the office
- learn in manageable, concentrated, bite-size, one-hour chunks
- review or refresh the learning at your convenience with digital recordings of each webinar
- sample each webinar series with introductory prices for the first module of each course
- choose the modules you need - you don't need to buy them all.
- The ATEX directive and IEC/ISO standards
- The explosion pentagon
- The ten-step approach to managing risk (an introduction)
- Definition of explosive atmospheres
- Eight-point hazard area classification methodology
- Explosions and particle properties
- Sources of ignition
- Managing sources of ignition
- Assessing confinement and explosion consequences
- Risk-reduction using simple measures
- Residual risk
- Oxygen – exclusion and mitigation
- Other risk reduction measures
This option allows you to purchase the course for up to 10 individual users at a significantly reduced price of £1055 + VAT. Contact us for more information at email@example.com.