Live online course – starts on 30 November 2020.
Whether you are new to project and construction management, or have previous experience, this is an opportunity to review best practice when managing engineering projects.
This online course will help you to understand the range of project management systems, tools and techniques that are available when managing engineering projects.
You'll discover how to apply a structured approach to project delivery and how to manage the issues that will inevitably crop up during a project life-cycle.
Teaching will be delivered via three live modules (approx. 2-3 hours in length each), alongside independent study and pre-recorded video sessions issued before/between modules.
An e-certificate will be issued at the end of the course to confirm attendance and CPD hours logged.
- Understand the range of project management systems, tools and techniques available
- Understand best practice when managing engineering projects
- Be able to take a more structured approach to project delivery
- Feel more confident about managing issues during the project life-cycle
Who will benefit
- Engineers new to project and construction management
- Project managers with some years of experience
- Construction engineers and managers
- Line managers
- Project basics
- Performance 1: measuring project performance, managing scope, managing quality, managing time
- Performance 2: managing resources, managing cost, integration
- Performance 3: managing contracting, managing risk (including HSE risk)
- Process: project phases, project organisation, managing information, managing communication
- Governance: opportunities, benefits management, assurance, stakeholder engagement
- People: teams, individuals, leadership
- Review and reflection
Module dates and times
Monday 30 November, 10:00–13:00 GMT
Wednesday 2 December, 10:00–13:00 GMT
Wednesday 9 December, 10:00–13:00 GMT
There will be independent study and pre-recorded video sessions issued before/between modules.
- IChemE member: £1080 + VAT
- Non-member: £1296 + VAT
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places–10% discount
- 3 places–15% discount
- 4 or more places–20% discount.
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
Modules will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. If you don't already have this installed, you can join as a guest in order to access the training. We'll share information about how to do this after you've registered.
This can also be delivered as a virtual in-company course. Contact us for more details.