Live online course – starts on 3 September 2020.
Hazard identification requires a systematic and methodical approach to ensure all risks are recognised, prioritised and managed.
This online course will help you develop the skills and knowledge to prevent and protect against the effects of process safety incidents. You will explore a range of hazard identification techniques, their advantages, limitations and when to apply them.
The course features a variety of learning methods, including online workshops, practical exercises, case studies and video. It can also contribute to satisfying the 'Hazard Identification' competence of your application to become a 'Professional Process Safety Engineer'.
Teaching will be delivered via two live modules (approx. 2-3 hours in length each), alongside independent study and pre-recorded video sessions issued before/between modules.
An e-certificate will be issued at the end of the course to confirm attendance and CPD hours logged.
By the end of this course you will understand:
- the principles of key hazard identification techniques such as inherent safety study, HAZID, HAZOP and FMECA
- how to select appropriate techniques for different situations, scenarios and stages in the project lifecycle
- the advantages and limitations of each technique
- when and how to use risk assessment as part of hazard identification, including LOPA.
Who will benefit
Anyone responsible for the design, commissioning, decommissioning, construction, installation and modification of plant. It will also benefit plant/process operators, process safety engineers and loss prevention specialists.
- Hazard identification through the process lifecycle
- Inherent safety study
- Concept and preliminary Hazard Analysis (HAZID)
- The HAZOP technique (continuous, batch and procedural)
- Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
Module dates and times
Thursday 3 September 2020 - 10:00 BST
Thursday 10 September 2020 - 10:00 BST
There will be independent study and pre-recorded video sessions issued before/between modules.
Not available then? Register your interest for future online dates.
- IChemE member: £720 + VAT
- Non-member: £864 + VAT
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places–10% discount
- 3 places–15% discount
- 4 or more places–20% discount
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
Modules will be delivered via GoToWebinar®– check system requirements >>
You are advised to join the session at least ten minutes before the scheduled start time, to allow for your computer to connect.
This can also be delivered as a virtual in-company course. Contact us for more details.
See our face-to-face course later in the year >>