On demand course.
This modular online course aims to provide delegates with improved process incident investigation skills by focusing on the key aspects of incident investigation: the need to search for systemic failures; how to diagnose and address human failure; collecting evidence (in particular oral evidence) and identifying root causes using the Cause Tree Analysis technique. The course uses case studies from real incidents to demonstrate the use of the SRK human error taxonomy and the application of Cause Tree Analysis.
By the end of this course, you will:
- understand the multiple purposes of investigations
- understand the causation “domino theory” and the need to search for system failures
- appreciate the different ways humans can fail and how investigations can address these
- understand how to diagnose human error using the SRK model
- understand the challenges in collecting evidence and how these can be addressed
- understand how to apply the Cause Tree (root cause) Analysis technique.
Who will benefit
Managers, supervisors and engineers that have responsibilities for investigating process incidents or who are required to participate in investigations.
What's included in the series
- Two 60-minute sessions
- Digital recordings for your personal use
- Digital copies of all slides and supporting materials (PDF) for your personal use
- E-certificate of attendance, including hours allocation, for CPD purposes
- The search for system failures
- Why humans fail and how we can respond to human failure
- The challenge of evidence collection
- Cause Tree (root cause) Analysis
This option allows you to purchase the course for up to 10 individual users at a significantly reduced price of £819 + VAT. Contact us for more information at email@example.com.