Live online course – starts 8 December 2020.
Effective risk assessment is key to protecting businesses against the potentially devastating impact of process safety incidents. In most countries it is also a legal requirement.
This online course will help you to develop the skills and knowledge to identify, assess and communicate process risks from a safety, environmental or business perspective, from a simple qualitative approach to fully quantified assessments.
It can also contribute to satisfying the 'Risk Assessment' competence of your application to become a Professional Process Safety Engineer.
Teaching will be delivered via two live modules (approximately 2—3 hours in length each), alongside independent study and pre-recorded video sessions issued before/between modules.
By the end of the course, you will understand:
- individual and societal risk concepts
- risk tolerability
- the principle of demonstrating As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP)
- the five-stage risk assessment process, the different types of process risk assessments, and when to apply them
- qualitative, semi-quantitative and quantitative methods including risk matrices, bow-tie analysis, layer of protection analysis (LOPA), environmental risk assessment, fault-tree analysis, event-tree analysis, hazard analysis, quantitative risk assessment (QRA), and occupied buildings risk assessment.
Who will benefit
- Staff involved in the risk assessment process including supervisors, managers and directors
- Plant/process operators including maintenance functions
- Process safety engineers and loss prevention specialists
- Process risk
- Qualitative risk assessment
- Semi-quantitative risk assessment
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Environmental risk assessment
- Hazard analysis
- Quantified risk analysis
- Cost-benefit analysis
Module dates and times
Tuesday 8 December 2020, 10:00–13:00 GMT.
Thursday 10 December 2020, 10:00–13:00 GMT.
There will be independent study and pre-recorded video sessions issued before/between modules.
Not available then? Register your interest for future course dates.
- IChemE member: £480 + VAT
- Non-member: £576 + VAT
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places–10% discount
- 3 places–15% discount
- 4 or more places–20% discount.
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
Modules will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. If you don't already have this installed, you can join as a guest in order to access the training. We'll share information about how to do this after you've registered.
This can also be delivered as a virtual in-company course. Contact us for more details.