On demand course.
This modular online course aims to provide delegates with an understanding of the implementation of the Safety Instrumented Functions (SIF) life cycle.
Many facilities use Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs), designed to reduce the likelihood of a hazardous event and hence maintain the ALARP status. SIFs are generally designed and operated in conformance with IEC 61508/ IEC 61511. The codes address SIF design, selection and ongoing management in terms of a life cycle.
- SIF life cycle phase 1
- SIF life cycle phase 2
- Introduction to HAZOP and LOPA
- SIF life cycle phases 3 and 4
- SIF life cycle phases 5-11
By the end of this course you will be able to understand:
- the principles of the SIF life cycle
- how to determine the SIL rating for a SIF, using both risk graphs and LOPA
- how the SIL is verified
- the ongoing management of SIFs, through operation maintenance, modification and decommissioning.
Who will benefit
Anyone who would like to develop a broad understanding of SIFs and how they are managed, especially technical / process safety specialists.
What's included in the series
- Three 60-minute modules
- Three digital recordings for your personal use
- Digital copies of all slides and supporting materials (PDF) for your personal use
- E-certificate of attendance, including hours allocation, for CPD purposes
Full course (3 modules): £199 + VAT.
This option allows you to purchase the course for up to 10 individual users at a significantly reduced price of £995 + VAT. Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.