On demand course.
What keeps you awake at night? Are you concerned about your ageing plant and the integrity of safety systems engineered years ago? Do you and your team have the right knowledge to judge if you are doing enough to comply with the latest functional safety standards IEC 61511 and IEC 61508?
The fact is, you need up to date information from someone who has applied functional safety standards in practice. For people without much experience in this area, determining precisely how much effort to put into each part of the safety life-cycle can be daunting.
This online self-paced course provides an ideal platform for team learning, including access to a Learning Management System and the ability to centrally monitor and report on team progress.
There are seven main course sections with multiple modules in each section:
- introduction to safety and the safety instrumented system life-cycle
- key terminology, regulations and standards
- functional safety management, audit and assessment
- hazard, risk and SIL determination
- safety requirements specification
- SIS design, engineering, installation and commissioning
- operation and maintenance of safety instrumented systems.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- describe the IEC 61511 safety life-cycle and be able to explain the main inputs, procedures and outputs needed for project success
- learn the fundamentals of management planning, effective responsibility assignment, and the procedures that are needed for projects involving functional safety
- relate tolerable risk targets to the ALARP principle of risk reduction, including how Safety Integrity Level (SIL) can be determined
- review the fundamentals of probability and how explain how this applies to equipment failure and SIL verification
- gain an outline understanding of functional safety standard IEC 61508 and SIL-capable hardware and software options
- explain the main elements of a typical SIS, including fault-tolerant architectures of safety instrumented functions (SIF)
- summarise the need and principles of regular inspection and proof testing of SIF and SIS.
Who will benefit
Process engineers, electrical, control & instrument professionals, operations and maintenance personnel in the process industry, project engineers and managers, SHE/HSE professionals, SIS logic solver system integrators, and safety instrumentation equipment suppliers.
The course content, formulation, presentation, example and testing method are excellent. Practical approach. Excellent course for practical application. K.Jayakumar, Lead Process Engineer.