On demand course.
Confined space entry is often described as one of the most hazardous activities to be performed in an industrial environment. Numerous incidents have occurred in the past.
This online course is intended for operators, engineers and technicians working on process plant to understand the issues surrounding this activity, and to adopt safe designs and practices to avoid the occurrence of such incidents.
Participants will learn how to identify different locations of confined spaces, the different approaches that should be taken when planning to enter a confined space, risk management and the principles of what to do if something goes wrong.
The course draws upon materials from the award-winning BP Process Safety Series book of the same name.
What's included in the series
- Three pre-recorded 60-minute sessions for your personal use
- Digital copies of all slides and supporting materials (PDF) for your personal use
- E-certificate of attendance, including hours allocation, for CPD purposes, available upon request
Module 1: Introduction to Confined Space Entry
- What is a confined space?
- Confined space locations in processing plants
- Hazards of confined spaces
- Entry permit
- Identification of a confined space
Module 2: The Confined Space Entry Process
- Confined space entry process
- risk assessment
- steps to be taken prior to entering a confined space
- Performing the activity safely
- Permit issuing authority
- Work performing authority
- Training and competence
- Common mistakes and pitfalls
Module 3: Gas Testing and Emergency Rescue
- Gas testing and PPE requirements
- gas testing for oxygen
- gas testing for flammable vapours
- gas testing for toxic vapours
- Emergency rescue
- Standby person
- Full course (3 modules): £199 + VAT
- Single module: £99 + VAT
This option allows you to purchase the course for up to 10 individual users at a significantly reduced price of £995 + VAT. Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.