Live online course – starts on 9 November 2021.
This interactive online course will explore the fundamentals of procurement in the engineering industries and develop action plans for application.
The course will focus on practical exercises to embed the learning and new understanding, with exercises applicable to each delegate's situation and experience. Through this, delegates will be able to develop their own action plans for implementation in their organisation.
Sessions will look at the different types of procurement process, the relationship with the supplier/contractor, and how to maximise value for money.
Teaching will be delivered via two live modules (approx 2–3 hours in length each), alongside independent study and pre-recorded video sessions issues before/between modules.
An e-certificate will be issued at the end of the course to confirm attendance and CPD hours logged.
By the end of the course you will:
- understand appropriate procurement processes
- appreciate different pricing and cost approaches
- know how to manage suppliers appropriately
- have developed action plans for benefit in your organisation.
Who will benefit
- Engineers involved in dealing with suppliers and contractors
- Project managers
- How to improve safety, reduce costs and increase value from suppliers through adopting appropriate approaches for each category
- The relationships between price, cost and value
- The benefits of a whole life-cycle cost approach
- How suppliers segment their customer base
Module dates and times
Tuesday 9 November 2021, 10:00–13:00 GMT
Friday 12 November 2021, 10:00–13:00 GMT
There will be independent study and pre-recorded video sessions issued before/between modules.
Not available then? Register your interest in future course dates.
- IChemE member: £720 + VAT
- Non-member: £864 + VAT
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places–10% discount
- 3 places–15% discount
- 4 or more places–20% discount.
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
Modules will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. If you don't already have this installed, you can join as a guest in order to access the training. We'll share information about how to do this after you've registered.
This can also be delivered as a virtual in-company course. Contact us for more details.