Live online course – dates to be confirmed.
Process safety is the systematic framework for managing the integrity of hazardous processes. Past incidents have highlighted the importance of employees having a clear understanding of the principles of process safety management throughout an organisation.
This online course has been developed for anyone whose activities impact the process safety performance of their organisation, but who does not have direct process safety management responsibilities. It will help you develop a broad understanding of the tools and problem-solving techniques used in process safety.
Teaching will be delivered via two modules (approximately 2—3 hours in length each), alongside independent study and pre-recorded video sessions before/between sessions.
By the end of the course delegates will understand:
- what process safety is and the human, environmental and business consequences of poor process safety
- some of the factors that influence the basis for process safety
- the typical hazards associated with process plant and how the risks can be controlled
- your role in promoting process safety
- how process safety management is organised and what are the elements of a modern process safety management system.
Who will benefit
- Anyone whose activities impact the process safety performance of their organisation, but who does not have direct process safety management responsibilities.
- Anyone who would like to develop a broad understanding of process safety
If you are actively involved in the design, modification, operation and maintenance of a major hazard or process plant and are looking to improve your process safety knowledge, our Fundamentals of Process Safety course will be more suitable.
- The importance of process safety
- A model for process safety incidents
- Hazard and risk
- Hazard identification and evaluation
- Toxicity and fires
- Inherent safety
- Technical risk assessment
- Management of change
- Human factors
- Leadership and culture
- Process safety performance
Module dates and times
To be confirmed.
To be confirmed.
There will be independent study and pre-recorded video sessions issued before/between modules.
Register your interest in future course dates.
- IChemE member: £720 + VAT
- Non-member: £864 + VAT
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places–10% discount
- 3 places–15% discount
- 4 or more places–20% discount.
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
Modules will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. If you don't already have this installed, you can join as a guest in order to access the training. We'll share information about how to do this after you've registered.
Please note that delegates will need a Windows-based PC to access the course.
This can also be delivered as a virtual in-company course. Contact us for more details.
* CPD hours should be used as an approximate guide and will vary depending on the preferred approach of the delegate and to what extent additional learning is completed.