Live course – starts on 8 November 2021.
This online course provides effective, realistic training for HAZOP team members and leaders. Alongside presentations covering all the essential aspects of the method, you will participate in workshops using HAZOP methodology for continuing processes, sequential operations and computer-controlled plant. You will also learn more about the relationship between HAZOP and other hazard identification methods and hazard studies.
Much of the course is dedicated to group work on realistic HAZOP studies, giving team leaders and team members practical experience in their respective roles.
Examples are drawn from a range of industry sectors and typical reports are also provided. You can also take part in discussion and analysis sessions to identify strengths, weaknesses and learning points from the case studies.
If you have little or limited experience as a HAZOP team member, you should register for the course as a team member, whilst experienced team members, those new to team leadership and leaders in need of a refresher, should register as a team leader.
Teaching will be delivered via three live modules (approximately two–three hours in length each), alongside pre-recorded video sessions for independent study issued before/between modules.
Team leaders will learn:
- how to be a good leader, emphasised by practice and reviews
- how to manage HAZOP studies
- the importance of pre-study preparation
- how to work effectively with the team secretary and the team members.
Team members will learn:
- how HAZOP study works
- the roles and responsibilities of a team member
- how to become a valuable team member.
Who will benefit
- New HAZOP team leaders
- New HAZOP team members
- Experienced HAZOP team members moving on to team leadership
- Engineers and other technical personnel new to HAZOP
- Anyone with safety/project management responsibilities
- The HAZOP technique
- Developing hazardous scenarios
- Roles and responsibilities
- Human factors
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
Previous delegates say
"The exercises gave us a great chance to participate in the different variety of HAZOP studies and provided great experience for both newcomers to HAZOP and experienced members."
C McDermott, Booth Welsh, UK
"The course director was knowledgeable and delivered the course well. The group exercises were an enjoyable way to learn and practise HAZOP."
R Davis, PBL Ltd
"The video content was useful to tie the HAZOP concept back to real plant operations."
C Hamilton, Booth Welsh, UK
Module dates and times
Monday 8 November 2021, 10:00–13:00 MYT.
Wednesday 10 November 2021, 10:00–13:00 MYT.
Friday 12 November 2021, 10:00–13:00 MYT.
There will be pre-recorded video sessions issued for independent study before/between modules.
- IChemE member: RM 5800
- Non-member: RM 6800
Modules will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. If you don't already have this installed, you can join as a guest in order to access the training. We'll share information about how to do this after you've registered.
This can also be delivered as a virtual in-company course. Contact us for more details.
* CPD hours should be used as an approximate guide and will vary depending on the preferred approach of the delegate and to what extent additional learning is completed.