We have a wide range of online training courses available to help you develop your knowledge and learn new skills.
There are two types of training to choose from, offering complete flexibility around when and how you learn.
Live online courses
Many of our most popular training courses have been adapted to modular online courses.
They feature live interactive sessions with the trainer, alongside pre-recorded video sessions for independent self-study before/between modules:
- Bowtie Analysis and Barrier-Based Risk Management
- Bulks Solids Handling for Chemical Engineers
- Chemical Engineering for Scientists and Other Engineers
- Consequence Modelling Techniques
- Engineering Project Management
- Fundamentals of Process Safety – UK times
- Fundamentals of Process Safety – Malaysia
- Hazard Identification Techniques
- HAZOP Leadership and Management
- HAZOP Study for Team Leaders and Team Members
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Managing Human Factors
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Managing Human Failure
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Strengthening Organisational Performance
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Human Factors in Design
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Managing Human Factors - Asia Pacific
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Managing Human Failure - Asia Pacific
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Strengthening Organisational Performance - Asia Pacific
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Human Factors in Design - Asia Pacific
- Hydrogen Workshop
- IChemE Forms of Contract
- Incident Investigation, Human Failure & Cause Tree Analysis
- Inherent Safety in Design and Operation Development
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Leadership of Remote Engineering Teams
- Process Risk Assessment
- Process Safety Leadership and Culture
- Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs)
- Six Pillars of Process Safety
- Troubleshooting Distillation Controls
- What Engineers Need to Know About Contracts
Our on-demand courses offer a more bite-sized approach to online learning. Designed for independent study, these are provided as digital downloads, usually in manageable one-hour sessions. We have a range of process safety, project management and personal development topics available.
You can view the full range of courses and purchase them for immediate download at our online shop, or read more about them below.
An Introduction to HAZOP
On demand course. Develop your understanding of the HAZOP process, its benefits and limitations, the roles and responsibilities of HAZOP participants and when the HAZOP technique should be applied.
An Introduction to LOPA
On demand course. Examine the principles of a LOPA study, how to identify significant scenarios and how to define an independent Protection Layer, how to estimate frequencies, and how to document and audit a LOPA study.
An Introduction to Process Safety and the Safety Case
On demand course. Create a foundation of knowledge in process safety, the Safety Case, MAH and the required safety behaviours for working in an offshore environment.
Biological Wastewater Treatment and Anaerobic Digestion: Theory, Practice and Design
On demand course. Learn to optimise and design biological wastewater treatment and anaerobic digestion processes to maximise efficiency while minimising capital and operating costs.
Bowtie Analysis and Barrier-Based Risk Management
Live course. Understand the bowtie methodology and how to apply the skills to barrier-based risk management.
Bulk Solids Handling for Chemical Engineers
Live course. The flow of bulk solids and controlling them effectively is complex. This intense course provides a fundamental understanding of the science underpinning bulk solids flow behaviour with simple, practical steps to help solve and, ideally avoid, common problems.
Chemical Engineering for Scientists and Other Engineers
Live course. Understand the core concepts and key features of chemical engineering.
Confined Space Entry
On demand course. Understand the issues surrounding confined space entry and learn how to avoid the occurrence of such incidents.
Consequence Modelling Techniques
Live course. Guides you through a range of models available for different loss-of-containment scenarios.
Control of Work
On demand course. Understand the basic principles for safe control and planning of work on your plants, and how this process can prevent accidents.
Creativity for Chemical Engineers
On demand course. Discover the approaches and tools for creative thinking in engineering.
Dust Explosion Risk Reduction
On demand course. This series of four case studies covers the reduction of risks from dust explosion using the DERReK methodology, demonstrating how it can be applied to different potential dust explosion problems in different industries.