Live online course – starts on 5 August 2021.
Quantified Risk Analysis (QRA) is the numerical combination of severity of consequence with frequency of event.
This online course will help you better understand different types of risk and how they are calculated. You will learn how to select scenarios to be modelled, and how to determine appropriate data as inputs.
The course explores the interpretation of risk results and how QRA can be applied to practical engineering solutions. It includes Occupied Building Risk Assessment and As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) demonstrations.
Lectures are supported with practical exercises and discussion. Teaching will be delivered via three modules (approximately 2—3 hours in length each), alongside independent study and pre-recorded video sessions.
By the end of the course delegates will understand:
- the definitions of risk
- how to select cases to be modelled
- how to build a QRA model
- how to calculate risk and interpret the results.
Who will benefit
- Managers, supervisors, engineers, safety personnel and others involved in commissioning and reviewing of QRA studies
- Graduates, chemical and other engineers may find it beneficial in the preparation of the Chartered Member application
- Introduction to risk
- Definition of scenarios
- Derivation of event frequencies
- Calculation methods for risk
- Occupied Building Risk Assessment
- ALARP demonstration
- QRA limitations and best practice
Module dates and times
Thursday 5 August 2021, 14:00–17:00 BST
Thursday 12 August 2021, 14:00–17:00 BST
Thursday 19 August 2021, 14:00–17:00 BST
There will be independent study and pre-recorded video sessions issued before/between modules.
Not available then? Register your interest in future course dates.
- IChemE member: £1080 + VAT
- Non-member: £1296 + VAT
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places–10% discount
- 3 places–15% discount
- 4 or more places–20% discount.
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
Modules will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. If you don't already have this installed, you can join as a guest in order to access the training. We'll share information about how to do this after you've registered.
Please note that delegates will need a Windows-based PC to access the course.
This can also be delivered as a virtual in-company course. Contact us for more details.