IChemE in Australia

RPEQ assessment options for those not taking up Chartered membership

For those who are not members of IChemE and only want to apply for RPEQ assessment. Non-members must still go through the Chartered process as follows but will not be granted membership of IChemE upon completion. 

Apply online for RPEQ assessment only

To reach Chartered status you must satisfy the criteria

Once you have completed your Chartered application you will be sent an email outlining the outcome of your Chartered application as well as the outcome to your RPEQ assessment.

All assessment applications will need to include the following:

  • verified Competence and Commitment Report (Form C)
  • proof of qualification(s) 
  • CV/Résumé 
  • details of two IChemE Chartered Chemical Engineers who are willing to act as your referees 
  • photo ID 
  • additional Technical Report (if advised).

Benefits of registration

As a non-member with RPEQ status, you will be:

  • entitled to use the title ‘Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland’ or the abbreviation ‘RPEQ’. Registration provides protection for professional engineers by ensuring that unqualified people do not practise as engineers in Queensland
  • listed on the 'Roll of Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland'

Continuous Professional Development (CPD) requirements

All applicants approved as an RPEQ may be subject to a random audit of their professional development activities once every three years. Audited registrants are required to demonstrate a minimum average of 150 hours over a three year continuous period to maintain their registration. IChemE will conduct the audit under the instruction of BPEQ. Once registered, successful applicants will have to use IChemE’s online CPD tool (available soon) to record their CPD activities.

Disclaimer: Applicants are advised that a successful assessment by IChemE does not automatically register them as a Registered Professional Engineer in Queensland under the Act.

My IChemE

IChemE is a registered charity in England & Wales (214379), and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 039661).