IChemE’s Water Special Interest Group provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and the sharing of experiences in the engineering aspects of water and wastewater treatment.
- Promote the application of chemical engineering in the treatment of water and wastewater for public supply, industry and commercial usage
- Cultivate a better understanding of water management in industry
- Encourage education at all levels in water and wastewater treatment processes
- Provide a dynamic forum for the interchange of views and ideas on water treatment
- Form national and international links with other organisations in the field
- Provide input to the development of IChemE's technical policy
- Technical seminars to support networking and professional development
- Site visits to operating facilities and places of interest
- Newsletter Wet News featuring event previews and reports, plus articles on industrial and business news
- Travel bursary scheme to support student attendance at conferences around the world
- Support for the annual IChemE Water Award, recognising the best project or process to demonstrate innovation in water use, clean-up and re-use
- Sponsorship of educational awards and prizes
Donation of ‘Water Boxes’ to primary schools, containing a selection of practical equipment, instructions for experiments and guidance for teachers.
To apply for a water box please email email@example.com