Modules start 18 June 2019
Confined space entry is often described as one of the most hazardous activities to be performed in an industrial environment. Numerous incidents have occurred in the past. This new online course is intended for those operators, engineers and technicians working on process plant to raise awareness of the issues surrounding this activity to adopt safe designs and practices and avoid the occurrence of such incidents.
Participants will learn how to identify different locations of confined spaces, the different approaches that should be taken when planning to enter a confined space, risk management and the principles of what to do if something goes wrong.
The course draws upon materials from the award-winning BP Process Safety Series book of the same name.
Special note: Recordings will be available if you can't make or miss a module.
What's included in the series
- three 60-minute modules
- text Q&A with the trainer
- three digital recordings for your personal use
- gigital copies of all slides and supporting materials (PDF) for your personal use
- e-certificate of attendance, including hours allocation, for CPD purposes.
The benefits of IChemE online learning
- save money: no travel, subsistence or accommodation costs
- stay productive: limit your time away from the office
- learn in manageable, concentrated, bite-size, one-hour chunks
- review or refresh the learning at your convenience with digital recordings of each module
- choose the modules you need - you don't need to buy them all.
Module 1 - Introduction to confined space entry
- What is a confined space
- Confined space locations in processing plants
- Hazards of confined spaces
- Entry permit
- Identification of a confined space
- Q&A and FAQs
Module 2 - The confined space entry process
- Confined space entry process
- Risk assessment
- Steps to be taken prior to entering a confined space
- Performing the activity safely
- Permit Issuing Authority
- Work Performing Authority
- Training and Competence
- Common mistakes and pitfalls
- Q&A and FAQs
Module 3 - Gas testing and emergency rescue
- Gas testing and PPE requirements
- Gas testing for oxygen
- Gas testing for flammable vapours
- Gas testing for toxic vapours
- Emergency rescue
- Standby person
- Q&As and FAQs
- Module 1 - 18 June 2019 - 09:00 GMT
- Module 2 - 19 June 2019 - 09:00 GMT
- Module 3 - 20 June 2019 - 09:00 GMT
Full course (3 modules): £199 + VAT (available as recordings).
The presentation will be delivered via GoToWebinar®.
Check system requirements >>
You are advised to join the online training session at least ten minutes before the scheduled start time, to allow for your computer to connect.
This option allows you to purchase the course for up to 10 individual users at a significantly reduced price of £995 + VAT. Contact us for more information at email@example.com.