This course is also being delivered online – view details >>
This course aims to provide delegates with improved process incident investigation skills by focusing on the key aspects of incident investigation: the need to search for systemic failures; how to diagnose and address human failure; collecting evidence (in particular oral evidence) and identifying root causes using the Cause Tree Analysis technique. The course uses case studies from real incidents to demonstrate the use of the SRK human error taxonomy and the application of Cause Tree Analysis, and includes a workshop in which delegates will work in teams to develop a cause tree from a description of the evidence from an incident.
By the end of the course, you will have covered:
- the search for system failures
- why humans fail and how we can respond to human failure
- case study – human failure diagnosis and response
- the challenge of evidence collection
- Cause Tree (root cause) Analysis
- workshop – constructing a Cause Tree
- summary and close.
Who will benefit
This course will be useful for managers, supervisors and engineers that have responsibilities for investigating process incidents or who are required to participate in investigations.
On completion of this course, you will:
- understand the multiple purposes of investigations
- understand the causation “domino theory” and the need to search for system failures
- appreciate the different ways humans can fail and how investigations can address these
- understand how to diagnose human error using the SRK model
- understand the challenges in collecting evidence and how these can be addressed
- understand how to apply the cause tree (root cause) analysis technique.
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places — 5% discount
- 3 places — 10% discount
- 4 or more places — 15% discount.
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
This course is also available as an in-company course (face-to-face or online) where content can be customised to meet your organisation's specific needs and delivered on a date/location that suits your requirements. Contact us for more information.
Register your interest
Register your interest in this course to receive latest updates >>