Live course – dates to be confirmed.
Many facilities use Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) to reduce the likelihood of a hazardous event and maintain the As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) status. SIFs are generally designed and operated in conformance with IEC 61508/ IEC 61511. The codes address SIF design, selection and ongoing management in terms of a life cycle.
This modular online course aims to provide delegates with an understanding of the implementation of the Safety Instrumented Functions (SIF) life cycle.
Training will be delivered via two live modules (approximately 2-3 hours in length each).
By the end of this course you will understand:
- the principles of the SIF life cycle
- how to determine the Safety Integrity Level (SIL) rating for a SIF, using both risk graphs and LOPA
- how the SIL is verified
- the ongoing management of SIFs, through operation maintenance, modification and decommissioning.
Who will benefit
Anyone who would like to develop a broad understanding of SIFs and how they are managed, especially technical / process safety specialists.
- SIF life cycle phase 1
- SIF life cycle phase 2
- Introduction to HAZOP and LOPA
- SIF life cycle phases 3 and 4
- SIF life cycle phases 5-11
Module dates and times
To be confirmed.
To be confirmed.
Register your interest in future dates.
- IChemE member: £240 + VAT
- Non-member: £288 + VAT
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place:
- 2 places – 10% discount
- 3 places –15% discount
- 4 or more places – 20% discount.
Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
Modules will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. If you don't already have this installed, you can join as a guest in order to access the training. We'll share information about how to do this after you've registered.
This can also be delivered as a virtual in-company course. Contact us for more details.
* CPD hours should be used as an approximate guide and will vary depending on the preferred approach of the delegate and to what extent additional learning is completed.