National Young Members Committee
The National Young Members Committee (UK and Ireland) is an active, inter-connected community of younger IChemE members.
The committee is made up of a balanced representation from each active regional group, with additional members co-opted on an individual basis, based on an evaluation of the unique contributions they would make to the committee. As chemical engineering develops, so too will the committee.
The goals for the committee are:
- support Chemical Engineering students and early career professionals
- help facilitate professional support, relevant training, networking opportunities and communication platforms, so that Young IChemE members can advance their careers
- support regional groups to deliver activities focused on young members
- coordinate and sharing information on training, research and other professional opportunities, including those aimed at developing soft skills
- facilitate a sustainable two-way communication between younger IChemE members and IChemE’s governance, thereby enabling their views to be considered and potentially implemented in the development of IChemE policy and business planning.