Biochemical EngineeringJoin Group
IChemE’s Biochemical Engineering Special Interest Group provides an international forum for the technical and professional development of biochemical engineering for industrial practitioners, academics and students.
- promote biochemical engineering as a key discipline and encourage interaction between all professionals involved in this diverse field
- assist biochemical engineers in their professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- support national and international initiatives and define best industrial practices
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of biotechnology and the emerging field of regenerative medicine.
- conferences, seminars, workshops and site visits
- quarterly newsletter
- website with member-only areas providing access to extensive resources
- bursaries to support student attendance at conferences
- award of IChemE’s Donald Medal for outstanding services to biochemical engineering
- networking via events and discussion forum
- representation of professional interests.
To contact IChemE's subject group support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
Janssen pays $100M for MeiraGTx’s retinal disease gene therapy pipeline
Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen is ramping up its gene therapy work, forking over $100 million up front to develop MeiraGTx’s clinical-stage gene therapies for retinal diseases.
UK calls for globally organized incentives for antibiotic R&D
The UK wants the international community to come up with a coordinated system for incentivizing the development of antimicrobials.