IChemE’s Water Special Interest Group provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and the sharing of experiences in the engineering aspects of water and wastewater treatment.
- promote the application of chemical engineering in the treatment of water and wastewater for public supply, industry and commercial usage
- cultivate a better understanding of water management in industry
- encourage education at all levels in water and wastewater treatment processes
- provide a dynamic forum for the interchange of views and ideas on water treatment
- form national and international links with other organisations in the field
- provide input to the development of IChemE's technical policy.
- technical seminars to support networking and professional development Site visits to operating facilities and places of interest
- newsletter Wet News featuring event previews and reports, plus articles on industrial and business news
- travel bursary scheme to support student attendance at conferences and humanitarian volunteering projects around the world
- support for the annual IChemE Water Award, recognising the best project or process to demonstrate innovation in water use, clean-up and re-use
- sponsorship of educational awards and prizes
- LinkedIn group open to all, for discussions, queries, news items.
Donation of ‘Water Boxes’ to schools, containing a selection of practical equipment, instructions for experiments and guidance for teachers. See details.